Tobracef is indicated for the treatment of patients with infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated organisms in the following disease: -
(1) Lower respiratory tract infections caused by P.aeruginosa, Klebsiella spp, Enterobacter spp, Serratia spp, E.coli, and S.aureus (penicillinase and non-penicillinase producing strains)
(2) Serious central-nervous-system infections (meningitis) caused by susceptible organisms
(3) Intra-abdominal infections, including peritonitis, caused by E. coli, Klebsiella spp, and Enterobacter spp
(4) Skin, bone, and skin structure infections caused by P.aeruginosa, Proteus spp, E. coli, Klebsiella spp, Enterobacter spp, and S.aureus
(5) Complicated and recurrent urinary tract infections caused by P.aeruginosa, Proteus spp (indole-positive and indole-negative),E. coli, Klebsiella spp, Enterobacter spp, Serratia spp, S.aureus, Providencia spp, and Citrobacter spp
(6) Bacterial Septicemia in the pediatric patient and adult caused by. P. aeruginosa, E. coli, and Klebsiella spp
(7) Gynecological Infections Clinical Data Results of clinical Trials in Patients have shown better treatment or cure rate in patients receiving Tobracef (with new solvent) in comparison to Ceftazidime alone.